ABOUT THE ROLE
The Social Media Manager will report to the Marketing Manager to bring creative concepts to life on Early Settler’s social channels. The purpose of the role will be to grow our following, maintain community engagement and align with all of our marketing activity.
The role will be responsible for developing and maintaining the social media content calendar so that it aligns with our social media strategy. Making sure to create and distribute regular reports and optimising our content direction. Using regular reporting and data-led insights and considerations of all of our campaigns to make sure they meet all KPI’s outlined in the strategy.
We currently have a social presence on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Houzz with room to expand to other channels including a regular blog.
The role will drive Early Settler’s social media strategy and will oversee the implementation and optimisation of paid campaigns across social media platforms. This role has editorial control over social media content ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to.
While the core of this position is to implement the content strategy, manage the creation, basic content creation and optimisation of the content itself, stakeholder management and liaising cross-functionally will be central too, such as advising internal stakeholders about how our social media content is helping to achieve their goals within the business.
This role is based at our Head Office in Keysborough.
- Implementing the existing social media strategy. Uploading & scheduling content where necessary. Implementing media amplification to posts;
- Developing and managing the execution of content, ensuring it is aligned with the short-term and long-term marketing calendar;
- Monitor community response, involvement and sentiment to ensure that all engagement has received the appropriate response and has been escalated where necessary;
- Actively grow Early Settler’s social media presence
Social Content Management
- Create briefs for studio that outline all specs including sizing & dimensions, thinking behind designs, file types & deadlines;
- Use insights from previous monthly report to inform content types & formats for the following month;
- Creating monthly content calendars that align with all other marketing activity;
- Finding out all information required for upcoming content including offer details, dates, sources of existing content – timings for potential new content;
- Briefing our social agency regarding upcoming content and ensuring monthly and weekly discussions take place;
- Manage approvals process for all content before it goes live, advise agency of amendments and edits whilst notating within the shared document;
- Reinforce social media best practices ensuring we are remaining comparable to industry leading levels of engagement. This includes but is not limited to ‘Posting & Distribution times’, ‘Tone of Voice’, ‘Content Formats’, ‘Content Types’ and conversing with our audience;
Reporting & Analytics
- Tracking the performance of all content across social media. You’ll not only be able to track how our content and campaigns are being received by our audience, but you’ll have the ability to make recommendations and optimisations based on these insights. Regular reports will be a large part of this role, so a solid understanding of social analytics and how these analytics feed back into the content strategy is a must.
- Implementing media spend in order to amplify posts on both Facebook & Instagram using Facebook Adverts Manager;
- Optimising paid campaigns across social media platforms including Facebook & Instagram. Optimisations will include short-term & long term e.g. Short term: Changing a spend weighting based on performance, Long term: Monitoring audience stats and incorporating into following month’s strategy;
- Tracking performance of paid campaigns and advising key stakeholders within the business of mid-campaign progress & any optimisations made;
- Reporting on campaign results upon completion with insights and results gained.
- Understand the goals of internal stakeholders and proactively create content which is closely integrated with our marketing plan and also takes into considerations the various goals of these internal stakeholders;
- Work with the wider marketing team to ensure confluence between traditional marketing channels and social e.g. Print & TV;
- Working with the marketing team to manage social content distribution to other online channels helping to increase web traffic;
- Manage our process with Influencers & Bloggers in accordance with our Social Media Strategy;
- Measure and report performance of all social media campaigns, and assess against KPI’s;
- Analysis and understanding of built-in insights & analytics features for Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
A creative thinker with a focus on the customer. The ability to not only report on results but to extract actionable insights is crucial.
To be considered for this role, please have examples available on request of social reporting you’ve been part of creating & delivering, as well as examples of recommendations & optimisations you’ve made that have helped improve content or campaign performance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years experience in social media;
- Understand the strategic intent of branded online social media communities;
- Experience in uploading, publishing, implementing media spend and reporting on content for Facebook and Instagram;
- Proven ability to digest and implement an existing Social Media Strategy;
- Previous experience reporting on social media activity;
- Ability to brief creatives on social assets;
- Ability to publish to social media channels;
- Ability to write effective copy for all needed marketing channels;
- Strong grammar, spelling and writing capabilities;
- Understand the value of social listening and conduct social media monitoring for engagement and issues management;
- Ability to effectively manage social media communities and engage with stakeholders online;
- Willingness to embrace feedback and produce revisions in a timely manner. A proven track record of delivering copy and content on schedule;
- Ability to edit copy generated by others to the highest standards and to produce materials under tight timelines;
- Expert knowledge of grammar, spelling and vocabulary. Proofreading and editing skills. Strong organisational skills and attention to detail. Excellent brainstorming, writing and editorial experience;
- Understanding of the metrics used to measure Social Media content performance. You will be required not only to interpret social data, but to use this data to inform the direction of content thereafter;
- Knowledge of the process of Influencer marketing & best practice;
- Long form Blog Post writing skills;
- Basic mobile phone photography with experience using in-phone photo editing apps.
- Paid activity within Pinterest
- Experience with Influencer Marketing & managing Influencers
Our furniture offerings include classical, rustic, French provincial and urban furniture at surprisingly affordable prices and, though most of our customers are furnishing their homes, we have plenty who head straight to Early Settler when fitting out their offices.
Early Settler’s ranges cover every corner of your home from kitchens, dining rooms and lounges through to home offices, bedrooms and bathrooms. We also stock a great collection of outdoor furniture and accessories to help you deck out your very own piece of backyard paradise.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your application with a current resume attached.